Sam has worked with many race organizers to expand their gender categories to meaningfully include non-binary and other binary expansive cyclists.
- Creating a Trans Women Belong Here jersey protest campaign at CX Nats 2023
- Helping create the first ever gender-expansive category in the Michigan Cyclocross series
- Advising national and local gravel race organizers on methods to help to better support gender expansive riders at events
- Speaking as one of the panelists on Gravel World’s 2023 diversity panel
- Supporting the local Femme, Trans, Women, Non-Binary repair workshop at their local bike co-op Common Cycle
- Being a visible and vocal representative for non-binary bike racers at events across the USA